Critical Vulnerability was found in Beam Wallet today. 9.1.2019 20:20 GMT
- Vulnerability was discovered by Beam Dev Team and not reported anywhere else.
- Vulnerability affects all previously released Beam Wallets both Dekstop and CLI.
- It affects downloaded versions and those built from source. DO NOT DELETE THE DATABASE or any other wallet data. DO NOT USE BUILT FROM SOURCE VERSIONS ON MAINNET UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE The vulnerability DOES NOT affect wallet data, secret keys or passwords All Beam users are REQUIRED to follow the procedure below IMMEDIATELY!!!
1. Stop your currently running Beam Wallets immediately
2. Uninstall or delete your Beam Wallet application and executables from all machines. DO NOT DELETE THE DATABASE or any other wallet data
3. Make sure the application was deleted. Check the documentation for the location of Wallet application files (https://beam-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/rtd_pages/user_files_and_locations.html)
4. Download the Beam Wallet again from the website only (beam.mw/downloads) It will have THE SAME** version numbers as previously published archives Make sure the SHA256 of the archive matches with the one published on the website.
5. Install the new application